- Personal Information We Collect.
- ZAYZOON and its representatives and agents collect personal information in a number of circumstances in the course of providing you with products and services and otherwise administering our business. We collect personal information primarily from you through your use of the ZayZoon System (as defined in the Terms of Service), including any supporting information and documentation you provide. We also collect personal information through service providers with whom we make our services available.
- In connection with processing your requests, we may collect personal information from employers, payroll providers and financial institutions you have identified in your use of the ZayZoon System as well as credit bureaus and other third party sources. We may also collect personal information about you through your ongoing interactions with us. Personal information we collect may include:
- information you provide to us on through use of the ZayZoon Services, account set-up screens, and other forms including your name, address, telephone number, email address, social insurance number (if provided), driver’s license or other government photo ID, information about your employment, length at address, spouse or partner’s contact information, references, salary, pay dates and other contact, financial or biographical information you provide to us;
- bank statements, phone bills, cheque or pay stubs and voided cheques;
- information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or other nonaffiliated third parties, including how often you visit the ZayZoon System, your recent transactions, size of checks, telephone requests, services purchased and other transaction information;
- information you provide to us on our website, including your name, address, email address and telephone number, to register for our website or receive marketing materials, or information you provide in an online survey; and
- other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
- How We Use It.
- ZAYZOON uses personal information in the course of its business including for the purposes of establishing and verifying identity and the accuracy and completeness of other information provided, verifying creditworthiness and determining eligibility for wage advances, verifying and determining employment, references and contact information for underwriting, debt collection and fraud avoidance; servicing advances, providing ongoing services and responding to questions, contacting customers for the purposes of administering their account, confirming contact information and collecting debts, administering our business and maintaining records for reasonable periods, meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements, preventing fraud or abuse, and otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
- We may also use your personal information to send you marketing materials or other information regarding ZAYZOON products and services, including providing you with information about products and services and special promotions that may be of interest to me or sending research surveys, invitations, or newsletters to. If you no longer want to receive marketing materials from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may also disclose your personal information to affiliates or financial institutions with whom we have a joint marketing agreement, and with unaffiliated third parties who license ZAYZOON’S software, so that they may send you information about their own products and services.
- While ZAYZOON uses the best efforts to keep your information secure, you hereby acknowledge that your information is being shared electronically, and ZAYZOON does not have absolute control over how your information is transferred to and from ZAYZOON. As a result, ZAYZOON cannot guarantee the security of your personal information, but will continue to work on keeping it protected. In the event of a breach of privacy, ZAYZOON will notify you of such on breach promptly upon discovery by ZAYZOON.
- Who We Share It With.
- ZAYZOON may disclose personal information to credit bureaus, credit reporting agencies and to your current or future creditors for the purpose of maintaining your credit history and providing credit references. ZAYZOON may disclose personal information to collect debts itself or to collect debts through collection agencies including affiliates acting in this capacity. ZAYZOON may disclose personal information to organizations who help us locate customers for debt collections purposes. ZAYZOON may also disclose personal information to financial institutions for payment processing purposes.
- ZAYZOON may also disclose your personal information to affiliates or financial institutions with whom we have a joint marketing agreement, and with unaffiliated third parties who license ZAYZOON’s software, so that they may send you information about their own products and services.
- We may transfer personal information to outside agents or service providers (including affiliates of ZAYZOON acting in this capacity) so that they may perform administrative, marketing or similar services on our behalf, or otherwise collect, use, disclose, store or process personal information on our behalf for the purposes described in this policy. Some of these service providers or affiliates may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States, and your personal information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and processed in the United States or elsewhere outside of Canada for the purposes described in this policy. Reasonable contractual or other measures we may take to protect your personal information while processed or handled by these service providers are subject to legal requirements in Canada, the United States and other foreign countries applicable to our affiliates, agents and service providers, for example lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries.
- ZAYZOON may use personal information and disclose it to parties connected with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. These purposes may include, as examples, permitting those parties to determine whether to proceed or continue with the transaction and fulfilling reporting, inspection or audit requirements or obligations to those parties. Assignees or successors of ZAYZOON may use and disclose your personal information for similar purposes as those described in this policy.
- ZAYZOON may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law (including as required by applicable Canadian and foreign laws applicable ZAYZOON or our agents and service providers, and including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries).
- Our Website.
- Your Consent.
- ZAYZOON collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example to comply with a court order, to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
- ZAYZOON takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Authorized employees and agents of ZAYZOON who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
- Contacting Us.
Address: 1650, 734 7th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
T2P 3P8We will be happy to provide you with the information we have collected through your use of the ZayZoon Services. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.